Day 0 - ready to go

Falls Church Travel Blog

So here we are. In Arlington, VA. Visiting with Jason T-bone Virgil and getting ready to do the damn thing tomorrow. The day included a lot of goodbyes. Friends, coworkers, family, family to be... We made the flight from ALB to BWI: a quick one hour flight and got picked up for the ride to Arlington. The night so far has consisted of 40 ouncers, requests to play beer pong, denials of said request, and then just general preparation. Tomorrow is the day. We should be in Harpers Ferry by about 11 AM and then make the first leg of the journey...We shall see. Starting tomorrow, I'm going low tech - writing journal entries on paper and then mailing them to my darling cousin, who will take care of the typing. There will obviously be some initial lag between the first day and the first post, but once that gap is bridged, then posts should hopefully come in one per day. Who knows. I gotta be honest, I am totally wingin' this whole thing. I know where I want to be at the end, but between here and there, its anyones guess. Wish us luck. But more than luck, send us snacky cakes and words of encouragement. No shaving till I get to Bear Mountain, NY.

Thanks to everyone who supported me in this nonsensical nonsense. And to all those who haven't - it's cool. I'll show you whats up.
X_Drive says:
Okay, so I can't send snaky cakes, ho-ho's or even twinkies, but hope all is going well.
Posted on: May 18, 2006