Thoughts on Brittany In General

Le Havre Travel Blog

Brittany is a lovely part of France reminiscent of Devon with nice coast line, good beach resorts and a fascinating history.

It is not a cheap place though with beers costing around 3€ for a 35cl drink. The local cider was a bit cheaper and my wife really liked it. I’m not a fan of apple based beverages! The food as well was not particularly cheap although we managed to eat out for reasonable prices. I don’t know if this is the case all over Brittany or just the tourist hotspots we visited.

The roads were very easy to drive on and very quiet compared to the choked roads in Britain. All the tourist sites were well signposted. Beware of the petrol pumps though. We were desperate for fuel on the Sunday returning to Le Havre and the only stations we came across only had pumps which needed debit/credit cards to use with no checkout operator. They wouldn’t take any of our cards and we had to rely on a kindly local to dispense for us using his card. Mid-week there had been operators to take cash or cards (bizarrely our cards worked fine then!).

I had a great time and would certainly go again and recommend the area to anyone
Le Havre