Showing Walter my hometown

's-Hertogenbosch Travel Blog

Together with Walter in Den Bosch

I was months before his trip to the Netherlands, maybe even half a year before when Walter (walterman9999) sent me a message that he would come to visit the Netherlands. He planned a round trip through my country and met several TravBuddies along his way. This is what I like to see best, people who know the Netherlands is more than just Amsterdam alone.

My town is not the most famous one probably, but worth visiting for at least one day. Walter did it even for 3 nights, two full days. As I had to work in the afternoon I told him we would meet in the morning. He was staying in an Bed & Breakfast quit outside the city centre. So I would pick him up at his Bed & Breakfast by car.

I showed him from where he could take the bus on his own to the city centre. We drove to the neighbourhood where I am living and from there we walked to the train station first where we checked the time table of the busses so Walter would know how to get back to his Bed & Breakfast.

We walked from the train and bus station directly into the city centre. I showed Walter the nice places. Like old city walls, small picturesque streets and the view from the old city walls. Of course we did not forget the old St. Jan's Cathedral. But it was a Christian holiday that day, so there was a big mass going on th the cathedral.

At the end of the morning I brought Walter back to the train station where also the money exchange office is. It was closed earlier this morning, but now Walter could change his money and I had to go back home to get ready for work.

Paulovic says:
No worries Walter. It was nice to have met and nice that you chose to visit my town! I hope your visit to the Netherlands was what you expected of it!?
Posted on: Jul 19, 2017
walterman9999 says:
Thanks Paul for the free tour, your hospitality, and history lessons. Thanks for showing me where the bus stop was.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2017
Paulovic says:
Thank you Brian and May. If time let me be able to meet TB's, I'll meet-up with fellow TB's. Who knows who's next... ;)
Posted on: May 30, 2017