Kunsan Exercise

Kunsan Travel Blog

Kunsan AB exercise, after lucking out on a nice weekend field exercise. Had a nice call flight there, Unlike the rest of the poor guys there having to be crammed into busses for the trip there. I got the pleasure of flying with the rest of the Staff....hehehe. We  arrive there, set up shop (basically kick a cot open and claim it before someone else claims your space). My job was simple, provide a weather brief every hour and a half. The weather couldn't be better that weekend, clear blue and 22. So my job being significantly easier, I was able to spend most of my time watching TV inside an Air conditioned building.
 The trip there was uneventful, but fun looking out of the window I could see alot of Korea from the air. Hundreds of rice patties, people going about their business. The way back, we had to hold there for hours as one of the helos, had to divert so we sat in front of the helicopter for hours waiting to have that one helo down safely. Finally after 3 hrs of haggling by the commander we had our go, our pilot took off like a bat out of hell heading home. High tailing it we arrive at about the same time as everyone else who had packed bags and left at 9am...Not bad way to kill a day...lol. I went my marry way holding the commanders coin for a job well done that day, couldn't be pleased for a much easier weekend to sluff off on..;)
Kunsan