Helicopter Flights

Ch'unch'on Travel Blog

One of the many perks of being in the military and in weather forecasting, is that you get the chance from time to time to hop into a helicopter for a ride. One of my first rides in Korea, went along the DMZ between North and South Korea. We flew close enough to the border you can see over the fence line into South Korea.

The more interesting thing is the sights you get to partake in as you see the world from a higher perspective. Things look so much different when you are at 7,000ft versus on ground level. Rivers, take carving turns again the terrain, colors blend into a tapestry that covers the mountains and valleys.  If you can deal with the noise and the rather annoying fumes of fuel. I guess it's worth it. Here are some of the picture I managed to pluck out of my collection that I believed were the better ones. Some where from the flight along the DMZ, other were from other flights heading down to Kunsan or back from Kunsan to Chun'chon. I do have plenty of other pictures that are way more intirguing than these, but those are still on film and not digitized. Was from my first deployment to Tuzla. But for that story a new blog will be posted eventually (when I get the energy to scan them in..;))

Ch'unch'on