Waterfall and Crocodile Hunting

Airlie Beach Travel Blog

Bottom of Waterfall

Chilled out at Hostel in the morning and took a walk down to the Arlie Beach Lagoon, but was getting bitten by ants so made our way back to hostel.  In the afternoon Dave one of the lads who was living in the hostel took me, Rachel and Isabel out, first of we went to a really cool Waterfall, we could have swam but decided to walk to the top of it.  After this we went crocodile hunting, well sort off....and trust me it wasnt as dangerous as its sounding! we went off road to get there. saw loads of wild Wallabys then to our destination a spot on the side of the river bank and patiently waited to see if we could spot a croc...we did at one point convince ourselves that there was one there just poking his nose up for air, all four of us bought into this, then after about an hour decided it wasnt coming up for air and was probably a log!!!  The sunset was great though, went for a bit of off roading in the 4WD, on the way back went to check on the croc....and no its definately a bit of wood or something.  Pretty late by the time we got back, so cheeky couple of beers, cooked our own meal (quiet a rarity...though you are meant to if you are backpacking!) and watch a DVD....Snatch!  always worth a watch.

merlia says:
Even me too had a great experience like this, thanks for sharing your experience remembering my olden and golden days....
Posted on: Nov 30, 2007