Daytrip to the Blue Mountains

Sydney Travel Blog

Got my pic with the baby Koala

Up at an unearthly hour this morning to go on a day trip up to the Blue Mountains which are 65km inland from Sydney, on the way we went to Olympic Park to see where the Olympics had been held, the place is huge, next stop was another animal park, this time I did get to have my photo taken with the baby Koala's, but passed the excitement of feeding Kangaroos, especially as the last two parks I have been to have too many visitors so the Kangaroos are really not interested in being fed.  Next stop was Wentworth Falls which is part of the Blue Mountains, we had a pretty funky guide who seemed to know everything (like we would know different!) but took a hike down the mountain, really was gorgeous and got some great photo's, next stop was at the top of the Blue Mountains where we had lunch with a great view, then it was time for our trek down and oh it was a trek but really was beautiful, now once at the bottom there were 3 options, cable car back up (boring), walking (would have taken hours and would have been extremely hard work) or the steepest railway ever...this is the one I went for and it really was steep but funny, on the way home we were taken to the pub for a drink, it was pretty late by the time we got back and the legs were feeling it! so a couple of drinks and early night...

Wentworth Falls