Cape Tribulation and back to Cairns

Cape Tribulation Travel Blog

Swinging from the trees
Mmmm fealt great this morning after my big night out, just right for a bit of Jungle surfing....Jungle surfing was cool though, they have built a whole track above ground through the rainforest.  We got kitted out in full harnesses and traversed on wires from tree to tree, some times fast and even upside down - see the pics.  Got picked up for my return trip at lunchtime and on our return we stopped at Mossman Gorge, normally you can swim here but again due to the rain it was a no go, we also stopped at Port Douglas for 1/2 hour, where I would have loved to have spent the night, but the weather had screwed up that plan as I had ran out of time and needed to start heading south, I had been booked in to dive the great barrier reef from Port Douglas, but not as good in the rain so glad it wasnt wasted money.  Cape Tribulation was gorgeous even in the rain, would have been fantastic with a bit of sun.  Then back to Cairns, met a really nice German girl called Stef, so we went to the local pub for our free dinner (free dinner every night that you stayed at the hostel we were in), back to re-pack....this living out of a backpack is a nightmare...then free to have a red wine night!
swinging upside down from the trees