Adrenalin, pampering and culture

Rotorua Travel Blog

Well I had a really mixed day today, I was meant to go on a Sky dive this morning but the weather wasnt so good and really windy so no way was that happening so I started the day by going to the Agrodome, the plan was to Zorb (chuck yourself down a hill in a ball), do the Swoop, huge swing where you are in sleeping bags, hoisted up then left to freefall before the swing kick in (no where near as high as my Canyon swing!) and do the Xtreme Freefall, which is a simulated skydive freefall.....well out the 3 I did the Swoop, the Zorb was a rip off and the Xtreme Freefall was broken, so slightly disappointed when I got there.  So plan B, I went to the Polynesian Spa, which is natural outdoor Spa's the hottest pool being a temperature of 42 degrees....loads of the North Island is a Thermal area and to be honest Rotorua stinks of Sulphar (rotten eggs)  anyway relaxed in the pools then decided to treat myself to a bit of pampering so had a facial, which was okay....didnt feel as great as I expected after.  Then for the evening I went on a Mauri Cultural Evening which was fantastic, its starts with the warriors coming down the river in there boat, then onto a show where we learnt about and saw lots of there customs, both in tribal dances and singing and customs, then after we had a traditional meal which had been cooked in the ground as it would have been in the past, finally we then took a walk through the woods to see the glow worms which in all honesty looks like fairy lights ont he rocks!  But even though it didnt quiet go to plan had a great day.
Rotorua