1st day on hols

Busselton Travel Blog

I was woken nice and early by the kids, no chance of a lie in....but the weather was all blue skies and hot, just as it should be, after a quick trip to the local playground we packed up a pack lunch and off to the beach, we went to a beach called Siesta Park, nothing like the beaches in europe, pretty much had the beach to ourselves, its not commercial in any way there isnt even somewhere to buy a drink, so different to what I expected, being on the beach with children is different too, sand free sunbathing, no chance :-) then on the way home we went for ice cream at a place called Simmo's, which has a playground for the kids and loads of garden to lounge around in, we all played mini golf, Barry was all full of confidence that he would win, but no was beaten by girls, namely Kirsti and I.

One thing I noticed tonight was that there is no dusk, from sunset to dark all happens in about 20 mins, after dinner, the kids went to sleep and we sat up with a bottle or 2 of red wine, where I saw a Possum fall out of the tree and of course after a couple of drinks this was highly amusing.

photo by: WorldXplorer