Day Two: part two.

Railway Sq. YHA Travel Blog

i arrived in sydney at around seven in the evening local time and made my way down to customs as fast as i could. a load of people seemed to arrive at the same time so there was a pretty long queue. about an hour later i was through the checks and had my visa in my passport, it was all about to begin! as luck would have it, i spotted my bag the mintue i got over to the carousel and grabbed it straight off without having to wait. this was spotted by one of the customs guys who must have thought it looked a bit suspect and decided to have a look at my customs card and inside my back. a quick chat and a few nerves later, i was off the the end of the last queue where my bags were going to be checked for organic matter and banned substances, what fun! eventually got to the machine and everything went through without incident so i gathered up my stuff and headed out into the arrivals lounge, my first real steps in australia! paul (my friend from uni) was waiting for me there and we said our hello's and decided to get the train into the city and see if i could get somewhere to stay for the night.

railway square yha had indeed screwed up my  booking as i had feared so they had no record of me but luckily had some bed available so i booked in for the week and threw my stuff up into the room. once all the shit was stowed away paul and i hit the pub. side bar is underneath another backies across the street from railway square and is a decent spot for a beer. had a few drinks there and then paul went back to his place as he had work the next morning.

i arsed around the hostel a bit and looked at things to do for the next few days. hit the net for a while and then went off to bed.

Railway Sq. YHA