Last days in Italy: we'll miss it so much

Rome Travel Blog

After Pompeii, we took the speed train from Naples back up to Rome and spent one last evening in our city, this time shopping and eating.  As a wedding present to myself, I bought a Furla bag, which, I must say, was a very good deal.  If you're looking for a quality leather handbag, Furla makes excellent ones that won't break your budget and they are less expensive in Rome than anywhere else (I guess because they are Italian).  Jens searched for a coffee grinder (to no avail) and we ended up at our favorite wine bar at the end of the evening.

Italy really is the best the world has to offer in so many ways.  Sure, it can be dirty, the men can be lecherous, the traffic dangerous, and the begging unbearable.  But honestly, that adds to its charm.  The food is the best in this world, the wine is the best in the world, the designers are on the cutting edge and each city you visit is more beautiful than the last.  The people, in all their eccentricities, bring this almost idyllic country back down to earth so that we can recognize it, appreciate it, and enjoy it for what it really is: the most real place on earth that is almost too good to be true.

photo by: vulindlela