Tree Planting

Yarram Travel Blog

Well i arrrived at about 10pm in this small country town in the Gippsland area of Victoria. Met up with one of my good travel mates that i met in Brisbane about 1 yr ago. yarram was a very small cold place near the Bass stright sea. i was aboutt 70km fom Sale. and only 14kms from 90 mile beach.

We started work at 7am and got back aound 5pm give or take. We wood all jump into the troop about 10 of us and the rest wood take the jeep. About 40kms out of yaram was the farm we were planting on. We wood plant about 2000 - 3000 trees a day. I had to unload a truck on the 3rd day i was there that had 160,000 plants on it. took us 8 hrs to do it.

The weather was cold and wet and no matter what we had to work. We wood be rugged up in pants, shirts, jumpers beenies and that was still not enought tto keep you warm.

Me, Kelly and Age lived in a cabin in the Caravan park. $80 pe week rent. No bad but he money you could earn was pretty good if you could get past the cold crap weather. I wasnt one of them hehe.

After two weeks i left and went back to stdney for the Armin Van Buuen concert. and more bloodly rain and cold weather.