A small island with a big heart!

Singapore Travel Blog

Singapore is to date one of my favorite places i've visited because the impression it left me during my visit.  The people where very friendly and just to give you an example, my friends and I got lost coming home from the club in Boat Quay. We got off the wrong MRT station (rail system that goes around the island) at around 2-3am. Seeing that we were in a foreign country, we were kinda scared walking in the streets of Singapore, not really knowing where to go, but as we come to find out, people were more than willing to help us find our way...and yes at 3 in the morning! There were no taxi cabs to flag and take us to our destination, but plenty of locals sitting at the local bar or cafe drinking with their friends pointing us in the right direction and we had to stop by several of them to finally find our way. Suffice it to say, it was perhaps one of the safest places I've ever visited. I hope to return one day with a friend I'm fortunate enough to have met in college who grew up in Singapore (In fact we call her "Singa"). Although she is American born, she considers Singapore her home.

photo by: easyjobrob