Seeing the bright lights of Sydney for the last time!

Sydney Travel Blog

Here we all are in Minus 5!

As I write this last entry for my time in Sydney (Friday 10th August) I feel quite tired and lethargic after a night out last night that incorporated a few bars around Circular Quay and then finally George Street!!

It was a unique night because all of us as a group went out (which hasn't happened for some time!!)...Me, Natasha, Ian, Dave, Helen, Emily, Lee and Claire (Emil'y friend from the UK.  After a few drinks in one of the bars we all decided to do something that none of us had done before.  And that was the Minus 5 Bar along Sydney Harbour's waterfront.  Whereby you can only spend 30 minutes in there because it is completely made out of ice...chairs, tables, sculptures, walls, glasses, everything.  The temperature is a cool -16, which is nice!!! :-)

We had a couple of cocktails in there, and due to short amount of time you are allowed, we all felt a bit tiddly upon leaving to go back into the warmth!!  The tone was set for the evening!!  It was a good experience and was in keeping with my motto...do something everyday that you have never done before!!!

Today's plans are, after finishing here to go to some aboriginal art galleries and workshops for the afternoon.  And then to go to the Spanish quarter this evening and have some fantastic tapas...to leave Sydney on a memorable note!!

All that is left to say is that I have had an absolute ball while living and working here for the past 6 months.  And the last couple of weeks since finishing work has just topped it off nicely!  I am sure I will miss Sydney when I sit back and have time to reflect on my travels upon getting back to the UK in June 2008...however, there are lots more of exciting and wonderful things that await!!!

Starting with a few days on the slopes of Mount Buller skiing from tomorrow until next Wednesday!!

Sydney