July 14th Bora Bora

Bora Bora Travel Blog

Bora Bora

Quite worried about the wind – today is really the only full day on the island!  Rich breakfast, then we join our friends Jim and Meg for a half-day excursion. Before leaving we discover with delight a Nespresso machine.  At 9 am we start, the sun shines and the sea is wonderful.  I don’t have fever any more.  We pay 105 $ each and we will see three fantastic spots in the laguna.  First stop, we plunge into deep blue water full of small dark fishes and – wow! – we are surrounded by tens of SHARKS!  Very exciting, I am not worried at all and shoot pictures and video like crazy.  Fantastic moments.  Later, I learn that the camera is now really faulty and I am not able to see the movie at all.

Still later, I succeed only by viewing in slow motion – but so far I am not being able to import the footage in iMovie…..hope one day I’ll find a way….

Second stop, stingrays mixed with sharks!  The rays are HUGE, and they touch us constantly looking for food.  Strange feeling on our skin – Letizia a little worried.  Again, great pics.

Third stop, “coral gardens”: crystal clear water, small colorful fishes in a coral reef.   We are really happy we took this tour.  We end in a small island where, climbing 70 steps we reach a panoramic site where we can even spot a Manta ray in distance.  A snack with tropical fruits and drinks, and back to our village.  A quick lunch with sandwiches and coffee.  The wind picks up again.   Letizia has some belly problems, she says due to too much fruit, the wind, the  water and her hisband’s sickness ….who knows….

In the evening we go to the same restaurant – Fare Manuia -  and we have tagliatelle with prawns (56 Euros).  I try later to take pictures of the moon, but the wind is so strong I cannot keep the camera steady on the tripod.  We then walk on the roads nearby, then start to organize our luggage.

Bora Bora