Cusco´s Deadly Cocktail Mix, Beware!!!

Cusco Travel Blog

Shrek trying to eat me

So after another mammoth bus ride from La Paz (which we nearly didnt make, we woke 15mins before the bus was due to leave and i have never seen the boys move so fast in my life) I find myself in PERU!!! Now going over the border through Puno was honestly a joke! The border control is not existent just lift a rope and your in but they are really particular on what colour pen you fill your immigration form in with, dont use red pen people or youll be sent to the back of a very long line to do it all again! Anyway we arrived into Cusco at night and the city was lit up amazingly but it wasnt until the morning that you got to enjoy the true beauty of the place with its many cobled streets, back alley bazaars, whole fried guinea pigs everywhere (which i still havnt tried but im not leaving Peru until i have had one), stunning churches and honestly im not the biggest cultural guru but the architecture seems quite impressive to the untrained eye and too top it off the people are lovely always stopping you for a chat even if your spanish is poor like mine! Even better the food is great and ridiculously cheap like 2-4 soles for a three course meal and a drink so no need to slave away in a kitchen too save a few penny´s!

Like all good places there has to be some kind of downer but honestly the only thing that sucks about Cusco is the self inflicted angony you put your body through partying in this town! It is a deadly place and every night without fail the place is buzzing to the beats of Shakira, Bob Marley or some electronic stuff whatever your flavour it is pumping from the city walls until the break of dawn! Now me a the lads promise ourselves no more partying for at least a couple of weeks lets do MacchuPicchu then hit the beach chill out in hammocks and do nothing! Well that hasnt happened yet and the worse thing is everyone warned us about Cusco, ¨get in get out if you dont want too party¨.

Im a bad arse Minnie Mouse
....! Arriving in at 8pm i believe i was dancing my little tush off about 3-4 hours later with half the hostel at Mamma Africa´s and the following night and the next one too! Seriously you get caught up with everyones excitement regardless how you feel the next day you conjour up this wonderful energy and go let it loose with the other thousand odd travellers partying their arses off here! And what makes it seem all okay is that all the locals are doing it as well, these people arent on vacation but they just seem to spend more time having fun than working which is awesome hats off too them! Amazingly you wake up out of the dolerums feeling pretty good considering the night before (must be something special in the water) and to get your spirit buzzing you step outside to the upbeat tempo of a marching band, a bustling markey place or the constant food festivals held all over the town! You just get caught up and swept off your feet when in Cusco so tomorrow I leave on mission to MacchuPicchu!

Stay tuned to this channel because i think something amazing will happen in the next few days as Jim and myself go bush on a not so normal trip to the ruins (everyone catches the train (very expensive) or actually does the Inca trail) our aim is to beat the system save money and probably get lost in the wilderness, IM EXCITED (and my body will love me again) cheers guys peace!!!

Vampire Tim about to eat Ricardo