Goodbye London, but ONLY just!

London Travel Blog

Victoria Station

So, all good things MUST come to end. Or do they? The idea was for me to wake up early, for a good walk along Earl's Court to see the V&A Museum and the Natural History Museum which were about 20 minutes walk according to my Aussie roommate Chris. But for some reason, I was feeling tired and not in a mood to wake up at 7am ,so I took  my own sweet time and woke up at 9am. Had my last breakfast of this trip and made sure I ate well. I loved the preserve so much that I decided to take it with me.

Checked out of the hostel, and took a nice long breezy walk to the tube station, no hurry whatsoever.

Caught the tube to Victoria, and the Gatwick Express shortly later. Checkin was a breeze, and bought the Dan Brown series @ the local WH Smiths there.

The flight again was peaceful, no one sitting next to me.

Gatwick Express
Stayed awake for most of the flight whilst reading both books. Funnily enough, Dallas was more misty and cloudy than London was. Had a friend pick me up from the airport and I drove home after picking up my car from our office carpark.

I got home that night, dropped my Dan Brown "Da Vinci Code" on the table and the London underground pocket map came falling out of the book (I was using that as a bookmark), it was the same feeling I had last September...IS IT REALLY OVER??! But this was a nice relaxed trip. Probably cos it came totally out of the blue, and I felt I breathed every moment instead of having a checklist of stuff I had to see, and get done seeing.

Here's to London, and here's to May!

inside the Express
inside the Express
Oops, headed home! North Terminal …
Oops, headed home! North Terminal…
London