leaving North America

Miami Travel Blog

Had a good few days visiting with Lynne.  She used to work with me at Cocoview, in Roatan, and now she's living in Florida, and has a son 6 months older than Deo.  So nice to be able to stop in and see her.  She took Friday off, and we took all the kids to play at the park, and then we did some serious shopping at Walmart.  I used to be such a light packer, look at me now!  Okay, this is slightly different, as it's more of a move than a travel.  And so much stuff has been stolen from our house  in Roatan, a lot of it's cheaper to replace in the states than down there.  So we have a stereo, towels, sheets, baking pans, waffle maker, mixer, toys, books: as much of a home as you can fit into a few large suitcases and a Rubbermaid container!  Lynne's going to drive us to Miami (I'll squeeze between the carseats in the back, so that we can put some of my junk in the frontseat, as the trunk's already full), where we'll meet up with Carley at a hotel for the night.

Haven't seen Carley in 10 years!  We went to 1st year McGill together.  I quit to go travelling, she kept going, and now she's a doctor.  We've kept in touch off and on over the years.  When I started making plans to leave a few months ago, I emailed all my friends that might be available, in case anyone wanted to come along for the trip down, so it would be a little easier with the boys.  Can't believe she's actually coming!  And not just for the cruise, she's going to get off and stay with us a few weeks in Roatan.

She's booked us into some posh hotel.  She's not getting in until pretty late, so after Lynne drops us, I take the boys for a swim, and order us some pizza.  The boys are pretty hyper: all this change from our regular routine is having some side effects.  I wonder how the next few days are going to be!

Miami