I thought rainy season finished months ago!

Roatan Travel Blog

Maina and her family

In the news today, rain, rain and more rain! We've had an unbelieveable amount of rain come down the last few days. Monday and Tues there was a break in it in the morning when we went out to sell, but this morning we decided to head out despite the showers, the boys were so excited about the chance to jump in puddles. Rain boots, rain coats, rain pants, and we were ready for action. They had so much fun! Unfortunately, they didn't just jump in the puddles, they also fell in them, sat in them- even all the raingear couldn't quite cope with that, so we had a complete outfit change when we came home, and then curled up for a movie. Sometimes a few days of rain is nice :)

My helper has found it too hard to get all her schoolwork done, so I'll have to find a new helper. Disappointing, as that was working out really well.

Glen's little sister Maina and her family have just moved here from the next island over (Utila), they'll be building a house in the coming months. We get along really well, and she has similar age children, so it'll be nice to see more of her.

Tammy's gone home, so hotel James is empty (other than our regular residents of two boys, two dogs, assorted geckos, the occasional chicken passing through the yard, and me).

The rainy weather makes me want to bake, so we've tried out some carrot cake, which went really well, as well as some bread (not to sell, just for us)

photo by: islandflavour