semana santa

Roatan Travel Blog

well, semana santa (Easter week) is upon us, the busiest week of the year, the island gets flooded with people from the mainland, El Salvador, and everywhere else.

Last week we had a great beach day, at West Bay, the most wellknown beach on the island (you take a water taxi to get there from west end). We went down with a couple that are here for 10 weeks, they come down every year, and they've been buying treats from us every day. We had them over for dinner the other week, so they invited us to lunch in West Bay. The boys had so much fun, sending a pic with them by the pool at the restaurant (unfortunately the pool was closed, so they were dancing around with the cones on their heads).

On the weekend, we were over at Julie's for our ritual Sat night dinner. I made some bunny ears and baskets for the kids, and we painted eggs together, some pics of that too, since I haven't sent any photos in awhile.

Easter we plan to go to church in the morning, and then after naptime we're going to go have dinner with Jessica and family: the new missionaries that are down, who have a 5 yr old girl and 3 yr old boy: they just live about a 7 min walk away. And after that, I think we'll go to West End to the church there, as Julie's daughter is going to be in an Easter program.

Happy Easter!