pilot whales!

Roatan Travel Blog

Already the start to a new year! We went over to Julie and Steven's for new year's eve (for dinner and a visit, we were home by 9).

Glen's gone back to Canada, and the next visitors expected are my parents on the 20th (though I saw an airfare round trip from TO for $435 CAN incl. taxes on the conquest vacation website, leaving Jan 9- can't believe how cheap that is, if anyone wants to take advantage!!!). While he was here, I left the boys with him and went up to Cocoview for a visit, got back in the water, after 5 years! It was great, though too cold. But the best part was that after the dive, the captain spotted pilot whales, (a bunch of different pods, probably at least 60 whales in total), so we went after them, and hopped in the water with mask and fins: about 10 feet away from a pod of 6, it was so incredible! I was so glad I had gone out for a dive, I had been thinking about just going to the resort for a visit and not getting in the water.

My friend Angela just left for the states, she won't be back down until September, when she'll be moving down for good (she was living down here, then thought she wanted to be up there, so she moved up, started up a used kids' clothing store, and then realized she missed it down here, so she's got to get things set up with her store, either with a manager or selling it). We'll miss her company. Her mom's down until the end of January, so her son (who's Deo's age) is staying down til then, and she's taken her daughter (Auri's age) up with her.

Saw Brandi at church on Sunday, with her new baby boy.

The weather has been nice and sunny lately, a little rain here and there, but lots of good beach weather, so the boys have been enjoying it!

This is the month I'm planning to try to get some money coming in: I'm going to try to start up a playgroup a couple half days a week, do some baking, and Steven and I are going to do island-cooking classes.

Roatan