hallelujah, the sun's out!

Roatan Travel Blog

The sun has finally made an appearance! Yesterday was such a beautiful day. We went to West End in the morning and played on the beach for awhile, and then in the afternoon we took a watertaxi down to West Bay, which is the most beautiful beach on the island. The boys had so much fun playing in the water and sand, and so did Carley and I! Got out the little blowup raft for some great lounging. Then we had a little sunset cocktail in West End before heading home for the night. Today's been a little overcast, but warm, so in the morning we just went to the little beach in Sandy Bay, about a 5 min walk away (3 if you take the shortcut, but you can't with the stroller). Unfortunately, the little dock that we always liked to hang out at has been half-washed away by storms last year.

There was also a lot of litter on the beach. There were a few kids hanging around watching the boys, so I recruited them all to do a little beach cleanup. That's one thing that I find so sad here, people just don't care about littering: we'll bring a bigger garbage bag next time we go down, and try to get things more cleaned up.

This afternoon my friend Angela was going to take us up to the iguana farm, but she just called and had to cancel, so I think we'll go into town and pick up some groceries, diapers etc. the boys are napping at the moment, and I'm swinging in the hammock typing this up. Deo will be disappointed we're not seeing the iguanas, he's been talking about it all day, hopefully we'll make it there tomorrow morning.

Hard to believe it's almost the end of November! I want to get over to the mainland sometime soon to pick up some Christmas decorations, and maybe a bike for Deo and tricycle for Auri (selection and price are better over there). We were hoping to go with Carley, but the weather was bad for too long, so we'll just spend her last few days seeing some of the sights around here. She leaves on Sat, and my friend Brandi, who was living just across the street (but will now be about 10 min walk up the road, as they built their own place) will be flying in, so it'll be great to see her!

Roatan