Invasion of the tree worms

Roatan Travel Blog

The tree out front of our house has been inondated the last two days with these little green caterpillar-like worms, that drop down on little threads. So gross, it's like it's raining worms, when you look up, you can see all these little threads and worms at various points of descent, so I try to get us in and out the front pretty quickly! The boys think they're so cool, Auri calls them 'snakes': they like to collect them, poke at them with sticks. Hopefully they disappear soon!

Power problems seem to have been solved, I think the power company has been taken over by the power company from the mainland, don't know the details, as I almost never have the radio on (there's one TV channel that has the local news in spanish, but I never remember the right time for it).

The downstairs apartment is now just lacking tile backsplash, cement covering over the posts, a bathroom door, some shelves and some paint touchups, so we'll be ready for a renter pretty much anytime.  Deo wants to have a sleep down there, so maybe sometime this week we can try it out.

We've had quite a social week. Sunday we were at Julie and steven's for dinner, Tues we had that family from BC over for dinner (the ones that are here for 5 weeks), and this afternoon we had the new missionary family over, just for a visit in the afternoon.

We've had some rain at night, and the days continue to be sunny and beautiful for the mostpart, though it was a bit overcast and drizzly midmorning today.

Peggy is planning to move the clinic to it's new home on saturday, so we'll probably stop by to help out with that and see how it looks, we haven't walked up to the new site since we've been back.

Roatan