AsiaJapanTokyo

Mount Fuji (Otherwise known as “Andrea…wake up!”)

Tokyo Travel Blog

Mount Fuji

The ride on the bullet train from Kyoto to Tokyo was awesome. Andrea was really lucky that I am a good friend because I woke her up twice to see important things while we were traveling.

First was the snow; the area we were traveling through was mountainous and the weather tended to vary every five minutes. So when Andrea fell asleep it was simply cloudy but when we stopped at a station I looked out the window and discovered that big, wet, fat snowflakes were falling from the sky. I woke Andrea up (because she is from South Florida and doesn’t get too see much snow) and then she fell back asleep after saying cool.

Ten minutes later we were traveling again at high speeds, the sky was clear and blue…I happened to look out the window once again and freaked out. I was seeing a HUGE MOUNTAIN that had snow on it. I woke up Andrea (by shoving her and saying “LOOK! LOOK!”) Andrea looked, turned to the Japanese lady sitting across from us and asked if it was Fuji-san (Mount Fuji) and IT WAS!!! We immediately whipped out our camera and stared snapping pictures. It was amazing; it was huge; I am crazy if I climb that thing.

I cannot believe we were lucky enough to see Fuji-san; I am still in awe of how big it is and how grand it looks. It was a great way to end the already wonderful vacation.

Mount Fuji
Mount Fuji is often covered by clo…
Mount Fuji is often covered by cl…
Another picture of Mount Fuji