Burgruine Neuleiningen

Neuleiningen Travel Blog

This is another castle a few blocks down the street of B-40 in Rheinland-Pfalz. This is a slightly more open place, and a less of a hike. There is a cool little restaurant located on the base of the castle. This specific catle overlooks the A-6 Autobahn. Overlooking the area you can see the valley, My guess this castle was to keep the serfs in check while they plowed the wine fields.  Kidding, I don't know the exact history of this place, but it was nice to see the valley spreading out miles before you. Some parts of the cast although rundown did have some interesting uses.
    I believe I saw the hole where they dumped the undesireable criminals. It had well opened portals for castle defense. However, not much is left of the castle today, of what it was back in the day. If you close your eyes you may be able to picture barely what the majestic of the castle might have been. Well depends on how imaginative you can be. I wonder if this castle is for sale....wouldn't mid restoring this place and call it home....well like to have a castle to live in....;)
photo by: jdax57