Burgruine Hardenburg

Hardenburg Travel Blog

If you want to see the rich country side, you must take a gander at some of the older castles. If you like medieval times it's worhtwile seeing how the rich and famous of the ages lived.  This particular castle is remanents of ages ago. A quick hike up a hill and you are there. While you are there, make sure you hit this place up while the castle is open for the season. I didn't know there was a seasonal requirement to enter.
    In any case, you can still walk around the castle and see good portions of the area, there is an extensive Nature park in the area, worth walking around. The long nature trail around the castle, is best seen in the summer time, at this height it's fairly cool. I can gurantee it that in the winter time lacking leaves this can be a pain to see. I didn't get a chance to see it in the winter time. But hey the summer is always nice time to travel. Just remember to take plenty of water with you as some places don't have water readily availalble...heck if you get a chance have a picnic over the cool summer view.... I include a few of the pictures I took around the area hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
photo by: jdax57