Don't cry for me Argentina!

Puerto Iguazu Travel Blog

Monday morning we got up at 7... i think. The time of getting up is a little blurry and not because I was hungover but because my memory is failing me with my old age.

We took a bus from the hostel in Foz do Iguacu, Brazil to the Iguazu Falls National Park in Argentina. Our bus driver was hillarious. First of all he looked like Juan Valdez minus the ponchu and the donkey. Ok that might be a tad of an exageration he looked more like a traditional Argentine person. When we were getting in the van he only wanted to talk to the women, he loved us chica's. He then drove us to a store where we could buy some water and stuff so we could save money. The water and food in the park was expensive so he was trying to help us out.

The border between Argentina and Brazil is on a bridge as the Iguazu river is the dividing point between the two countries. He stopped right before he crossed the border and sang some song and said Brazil, then sped up crossed the border and sang again and said Argentina. We then carried on for 5 more minutes until we came to the border crossing and had to get our passports stamped.

Eventually we made it to the National Park and we now all on our own. We wandered the park all day hiking through the forest and following the paths to looks at the many falls and drop off points. After walking around that park for 8hrs I had yet another super work out. You go up and down many hills and there are stairs galore.

At one point through our hiking adventure I pulled out my Canada Flag and my Canada toque hat thingy and put it on to take a picture. Because I spent Canada Day travelling I had to get some sort of Canada Day picture so I now have a picture of me with the flag and these amazing waterfalls in the background. I think the people I was travelling with now officially realized that the person they were travelling with was a little crazy. Channielle thought it was great and wanted a pic too but both Jack and Paul looked a little embarased.

We saw an animal that I referred to as the South American raccoon. I guess it is a crab eating raccoon...close enough. I also got to see many beautiful butterfly's, crazy lizzards, vultures, tucans, wild gineau pigs, a snake and a rat. I saw the rat and ran the other way as it scraed the crap out of me. I hate all types of vermin.

Puerto Iguazu