Don't Discount The Metrosexual

Aguas Calientes Travel Blog

After 4 days of trekking, I put on a pair of clean pants, I wash my shoes (they are Goretex waterproof, clean-looking and good enough to wear into some clubs), don a slim-fitting H&M pin-striped button up shirt (part polyester which is good for travelling, top two buttons unbuttoned to show my necklace, lowest button unbuttoned for style), a rope necklace that "V"'s with the shirt, and some bracelets to match the outfit.  Of course, this outfit is to be repeated for a week...

And yet, this morning,  I decide not to board the bus in my relatively fancy outfit, and decide to hike up 400m to Machu Picchu

Those of you who know me, know that I have had a recent penchant for style, but I am never defined or stereotyped by any one thing I do - whether it be rock climbing, snowboarding, photography, art,  backpacking, or in this case, metrosexuality - aka the art of men's style!

It would seem that I look like odd-man out, but I pack some water into my hydration pack, stretch a little, and keep a steady rhythm to the top.   I finish the 1.5 hour hike in  hour and am the first person at the top.

Later, on my ascent of Huaynu Picchu, I am confronted with a tough and dirty ascent - estimate hike time to get to the top is 1 hour.  I pick up  the rhythm, get my hands and clothes a little dirty to climb, and arrive at the top in 20 minutes.  As for the dirt, yeah, it looks pretty bad on my light grey pants, but once it dries, I can just brush it off like dust.

The bottom line - Don't Discount The Metrosexual!
Vikram says:
Hey, nothing wrong in being a metro!
Posted on: Jun 26, 2007