Truly a unique place

Tokyo Travel Blog

I have just been to Tokyo for the 10th time and it seems every time I visit I find it a truly fascinating place. If you look beyond the layers of buildings and trains you can find beauty in it's people, food and surroundings. I visited for the first time a place called Kamakura which is a beach kind of town with surfing and windsurfing also are some very famous temples that I got to visit although I am baptized a Catholic seeing their God Buddha was a humbling experience and though I could not pray to him it for sure put me in a reflective and solemn mood. My travel Buddy Mae and I had a great time we always manage to find humor in times where our patience are put to a test. The Ajisai or hydrangea's were in season just making for a lovely walk through the temple area. We also stopped at a lovely restaurant for lunch which was part of the tour package and experienced a budhist monk meal which exists strictly of vegetables the food was delicious though I could have eaten more.(I skipped breakfast so I was super starving). The shopping was great although I did not have enough time it was still fun to peruse the tiny street and it's wonderful array of shops.