Update # 1

Dumaguete Travel Blog

We made it to the Philippines!!

Hello!

Just wanted to let you know we arrived in the Philippines!!!  Hooray! It's Wednesday here (1:50 am) - yes, we flew into the FUTURE! We're spending the night in Manilla, then we'll head back to the airport and take yet another flight to Dumaguete City at 2:00 pm tomorrow. (2:00 am - Ohio time) We're soo looking forward to arriving at the orphanage and meeting the Filipino girls.

Also I would love to have a calculator right now - trying to figure out the conversion rates, the time change, etc.... has been ruff especially after only having 3 hours sleep in the past 30 hours... my brain is barely functioning, so if I don't make sense or spell a word incorrectly - don't hold it against me :)

Thanks everyone for all of your supportive kind words, prayers, and donations.  This could not be happening without your help along the way.  We're so thankful for friends and family like you.

I'll write to you soon,
Christiane

PS- one hour of internet service is < 0.50 cents.... wow everything is soo inexpensive here.

NickDeJesu says:
Affordable living, great people and an abundance of beaches...that is why I like to visit the Philippines.
Posted on: Oct 17, 2011