Paris - le deuxième jour

Paris Travel Blog

Le Louvre

I got up the early my second day in Paris and took the metro to the Louvre stop.  There are actually two entrances to the Louvre, the one above ground and the one below ground.  I figured the one below ground would be less busy.  I may have been right, but who knows...the line was long even 30 minutes before the museum opened, and the guards at the gate did not open it until 30 minutes after the museum was supposed to open.  Being as impatient as I am, I got a little frustrated.  There's a ton to see in the Louvre, and I wanted to see as much as I could.

Finally we got inside and I got my student ticket (just bring your ID from home).  Once inside and map in hand, I realized that there was too much to see for one day.

Inside the Louvre looking up
  I was completely overwhelmed while still standing in the main area, I didn't even know where to begin!

I ended up walking through the museum at my own pace, taking the time to appreciate the art and the sculptures from all the great artists in history.  I took the time to see the Venus de Milo and the Mona Lisa, as well as the Wings of Victory.

After spending 6 or 7 hours in the museum with no food, I left and took some shots of the museum from the outside.  I then walked back down the Champs-Élysées to the supermarket and bought some things to munch on.  After the snack, I went over to the Palais du Luxembourg, the Pantheon, and Sorbonne before checking out Notre Dame in the evening.  Exhausted from walking around the Louvre all day, I went back to the hotel.

Sorbonne
Sorbonne
Inside the Louvre
Original foundation of the buildin…
Original foundation of the buildi…
Hey dum dum