Munich Day 3

Munich Travel Blog

Schloss Nymphenburg

After returning to Munich from Dachau, I wanted to see something beautiful that would lift my spirits a little.  So, I went to Schloss Nymphenburg, which is about 20 minutes outside the city centre.

It was a long walk from where the tram dropped me off to the palace.  My foot was acting up again, but I toughed it out and made it to the palace.  Nymphenburg, built for royalty and expanded over the years, still stands beautifully.  There is an impressive gardens behind the palace and the rooms inside are decorated and furnished as they were when the palace was still being used.  I spent some time in the afternoon there, checking out the gardens and the rooms before heading back to the city centre of Munich.

I basically just wandered around Munich randomly for the next few hours.  I found a park where they had guys surfing a man-made wave.  It was neat to see the different buildings, but I really don't remember what anything was (if it was anything to begin with).  I had no plans for tomorrow, so I thought about just picking a train and seeing where it would take me.

Approaching Schloss Nymphenburg