Madrid Travel Blog

Madrid

I actually arrived into Madrid around midnight, and went straight to the hostel.  I checked it and went to sleep - what was there to see at 1:00 AM, anyway?

The next morning I woke up with little idea of what I wanted to see (or, for that matter, what there is to see) in Madrid.  I headed out to the large park in Madrid, and spent a lot of the day there.  It was nice, and very relaxing, to walk around the park at my own pace.  In the park I found flower gardens, a lake, and lots of shady trees - with people hanging out underneath.  There was also a very interesting statue - a statue depicting Satan and his fall from heaven.

I then went back to the hostel and got directions to the supermarket.  It ended up taking me 4 attempts before I finally found the place.  It was underneath a department store...thanks for mentioning it in the directions!

That evening a bunch of us from the hostel went out on the town to see what the city was like at night.  Just like the average Spaniard, we stayed out quite late and didn't get much sleep that night.

Spanish countryside from the train
Glass gezebo
Glass gezebo
Lake in the park
Lake in the park
Madrid was vying for the 2012 Olym…
Madrid was vying for the 2012 Oly…
Keeps out the heat!