Goodbye Ireland :(

Dublin Travel Blog

The tour bus pulled back into Dublin at about 6 in the evening, and awe all got off and went our separate ways.  I wanted to go to Scotland tomorrow, but I actually had no way of getting there, I had not even booked my flight!  So, I headed into an internet cafe and searched RyanAir.  There was a flight leaving at like 6 AM the next morning for Glasgow, and it ended up costing about $100.  It could have been much worse, so I booked the flight.  I grabbed some dinner somewhere and then caught a bus to the airport.  I had no interest in sleeping in a hostel for a couple hours and having to risk catching a bus to the airport that early, so I just slept in the airport.  This is why I always bring a sleep sheet with me, just in case.

I found a decent spot and settled in.  At around 2 or 3 in the morning, a police officer came by and woke me up with his gun.  I guess he wanted to make sure that I wasn't some bum because he wanted to see my plane ticket.  Well, I had ordered it online, so I had no information...fortunately, after I told him I had a RyanAir flight the next morning he left me alone.  I tried to sleep for all of another hour and then went to wait in line for my flight out.

Needless to say, I was really sad to leave.  Ireland, my first country outside of North America, showed me just how much I love to travel, to meet new people, to see the sites, to hear the history, to live the it will always have a special place in my heart.  I know I will go back some day.  However, I had plenty more on this trip to see, and as I boarded the plane I could not wait to see Scotland!!!

photo by: fransglobal