Going out in Liverpool

Liverpool Travel Blog

I arrived in Liverpool late in the evening, much later than I had wanted to.  For whatever reason, I went to an information booth and asked the guy there if he had any hostel recommendations and where I might go to find them.  He mentioned that there weren't too many but he let me use his phone to call them.  Honestly, I couldn't figure out how to dial the numbers so he did that for me as well.  The first two places were fully booked.  When I called the last place in town, they were fully booked too - until about 5 minutes before the call.  Luckily, there was a lone cancellation not 5 minutes before I had called!  I got directions from the information guy, thanked him, and set off.

I found the place with little problem and threw my stuff down.  After getting something to eat, I came back and met the people in my room.  Two Israelis and an Irish man.  Strange crowd, but we spent the evening going around Liverpool talking about the Beatles and checking out the night life.  I even met up with one of these Israelis when I went to Israel in 2007!

Liverpool