Dublin - Day 2

Dublin Travel Blog

After staying out late last night with the guys I had met from Australia, I took the opportunity to sleep in a little this morning.  It was an overcast day with a little rain, but I went for a walk through Temple Bar (this is a downtown section of Ireland with restaurants, bars, shops, etc), and eventually wound up at Trinity College.  After looking around a bit, I overheard a tour guide talking about the school, so I decided to join the tour.  We went around Dublin to the city hall, the castle, and saw many other sites before winding up back in Temple Bar, where the tour ended.  I grabbed lunch and then headed into the city museum (free admission!) and checked out the exhibits all afternoon.  It was a great opportunity to learn about the history of Ireland, and I was able to join a tour there too.

I met up with my Australian friends and we went to the store to buy some food for dinner.  I was starting to get used to the whole experience now, and I needed to save money by eating from the grocery store.  We bought a ton of spaghetti and split it 4 ways.  It was tons of fun to chat with these guys and learn about where they had been and about them.  After dinner we met everyone on our floor of the hostel.  There were 20-something girls there from Minnesota, and our whole floor went our to one of the pubs for some Irish music and dancing.  What a great time!

photo by: fransglobal