How it all began

Dublin Travel Blog

The anticipation was building as I sat in Chicago O'Hare airport...I was about to do something many people think is crazy, I was about to fly across the Atlantic Ocean with little more than clothes and bathroom supplies.  I waited until it was time to board...and kept waiting.  There was some sort of delay but I was scheduled to arrive into Philadelphia 3 hours in before my flight to Dublin.  I waited, waited, waited...what was the problem?  I'll never know.  We finally took off, 3 hours late.  Now I'm first trip overseas could already be ruined by one late flight!  We deplaned in Philadelphia not 15 minutes before the flight to Dublin was scheduled to leave.  I could hear my name being announced over the airport intercom as I ran across the airport toward my gate.  I made it with 5 minutes to spare, and the folks at US Air were gracious enough to let me board.  I was the last one on the plane...whew!

After a rough start, I had a nice, relaxing flight to Dublin.  I was seated next to the nicest Irish lady and she told me about the country.  I also got plenty of sleep for the next day, my first exciting day overseas!

photo by: fransglobal