A walk home

Reading Travel Blog

on my walk home from work

This site is all about our travels but today and yesterday I walked home from my place of work, past the lake which was full of the recent rain and flooding which caused such disruption in a country that prides itself on it's constant rainfall. The evenings were both gorgeously warm, still and full of the sounds of wild life.

I am very lucky and manage to walk through the University of Reading campus, where I work, which is just stunning, to get home. Once I did get there, there was a message from a TB buddy advising me how lucky I was to live in the UK with its easy links to Europe and the rest of the Northern Hemisphere and I thought...she is right..I am lucky.

Whilst I love travel, meeting new people etc.. I think there is a danger that we lose sight of the gems and wonders on our own doorsteps.

It would be lovely to see a section on this site about our home villages, towns, cities and countries so that we can appraciate what we have before we dash off to see what others have!

Safe travels all. x

Sunflower300 says:
Yes you are! x
Posted on: Aug 03, 2007
sparky76 says:
:) when i read this i feel the same way with you too..last weekend i go back to my hometown Bandung which only 2 hours from Jakarta the capital city where i'm working now...and there are so many things that i missed when i was living in Bandung...the beauty, the street foods, old buildings surrounds my highschool...just lovely...thanks for reminds us to write more of things that actually just next door... :)
Posted on: Jul 31, 2007