North Lake Tahoe Getaway

Incline Village Travel Blog

View from CalNeva Hotel Window

For ONCE the girls all had the same weekend free. Whispers were all over the news that it was going to be an incredible weekend in the Bay Area, on the coast, inland and up in the mountains. Record temperatures and definitely a few days that NorCal folks should spend outside and in the sun! One of my favorite things about living in the Bay Area (East Bay to be exact) is that I can be on the coast in less than an 90 minutes, I can roam around the streets of San Francisco all day as I please, and lastly the beautiful Sierras and Lake Tahoe are within a 3 hour drive from the place I call home. California is truly a remarkable place to live.

So, after work I hopped in the car, picked up my girls in Sacramento and we headed up to the 'quiet' side of the Lake- North Lake Tahoe, specifically Incline Village/Kings Beach. We found a killer deal on Hotels.com at the CalNeva Resort for a ridiculous $59 a night that slept 4 of us comfortably. The room was clean, had a view of the lake and the casinos at the California/Nevada line were within walking distance.

We arrived close to 9, grabbed dinner and then made our way over to the Crystal Bay Club to check out the scene. It was AWESOME. As we enterred the casino it was not difficult to place the live music. We pulled back the curtain to their entertainment room to find a legit Funk Band, and 1/2 the Incline population. :) How relaxing it was to grab some drinks after the long work week, dance and take in some great music?

Rest Stop