Slow progress

Tokyo Travel Blog

Stop cheating

Everything here seems to move so slowly.......I think it may have to do with the heat. It took 2 weeks for our 'alien registration cards' to be issued. (i'm from Australia, what planet are you from?) Andy was told it would take 2 weeks for his work permit to be took me 3 weeks to get hold of my supervisor. I thought Tokyo was supposed to be a high-paced uber city with people running around in the rat race! Oh well, I'd rather a slow life than a harried rat-race I suppose.

Well I FINALLY met my supervisor. We went out for dinner on Friday night with a visiting academic from the US and talked about where I should go from here. I came away with some advice - some helpful, most not.  Anyway, I'm glad to have finally met my supervisor. I'm going to go to some of his 'seminars' when lessons go back at uni in September.

I don't usually like sashimi (raw fish) but that is where we went for dinner, and I thought 'oh, I have to appear as though I love it'. I didn't love it, but it was better than I thought it would be! I had some tuna, squid and other white fish that I couldn't identify.

On to other topics, Andy and I have been going to the gym regularly. We actually played badminton the other day - what fun! He thrashed me, as he always does, but one day I will surprise him.

Rena's mother is coming over today to take me shopping in the supermarket to educate me. I'm not sure what to expect but I have to remember to show my gratidude effusively : )

Anyway, here's a pic of us in our unit playing cards. We play gin, german whist and memory. I usually win memory, Andy usually wins german whist and we're pretty even at gin. Andy is so competitive..... : - )

photo by: maka77