AsiaChinaBeijing

to Beijing

Beijing Travel Blog

A calf at the dairy farm

We had to get up at 4:30am today! We got a bagged breakfast at the lobby and boarded the bus around 5:20am. It took almost 40 minutes to get to the airport, even though there was no traffic, so the airport was not so close to the city center. We got to see the sun rise today. It was a nice day, again we were lucky in terms of weather.

I parted with the tour group while they headed back to Shanghai and I to Beijing. It was somewhat adventurous to go on this trip by myself and join a group of people I have never met before. Most people were nice, I just had one woman who was a motor-mouth and who got mad at me for correcting one word in a poem she was quoting (in private, no less). That was the only unpleasant incident in the group.

Arrived about an hour later in Beijing. Since I didn't get enough sleep last night, I was pretty tired in the afternoon. I got talked into having a "foot bath and massage" at a local (outside of Beijing city) "foot bath center", where they had almost 80 workers who can give customers a foot bath and massage! It appeared to be a popular pastime for people here. I must say it was a very interesting experience. It was nice to get your feet bathed and massaged and then they also massaged the legs and back. The whole experience took 2 hours and cost only 50RMB per person (supposed to cost maybe 3 times as much inside Beijing).

2 horses at the farm