Trip prep...

Santee Travel Blog

This morning has been a busy day.  The boys are now out of school for the summer, so they are always underfoot.  They have been out a whole 5 days, and I already heard, "We are bored, there is nothing to do"!  Keep in mind we live on a street with approx.  12 boys that are all with in a few years of each other in age. I looked them square in the eyes and told them, "I have a very long list of chores that need attention. If you can not find something to keep yourselves busy, I am sure I have something that needs your attention"!  There was a crack of thunder, and a flash of lighting...and boom, they were gone!  :)

Our trip next week to Buena Park is pretty much all planned out. We are going to drive up on Wed.  We are going to check into a hotel. The boys will get a chance to go swimming until early evening. Then will do the Pirates Dinner Adventure that night. Afterward we will go back to the hotel, and the boys will get a chance to swim some more before we go to bed.  When we get up, we will check out and go to Knotts Berry Farm. We will probably close down the park and then drive back to San Diego that evening.

I went online this morning to book the hotel. I visted the Hotwire site and found a reasonable rate for a hotel in the area. I check another site to see what hotels Hotwire usually used in the catagory in the area. One was the hotel that is on the grounds at Knotts Berry Farm. I thought "How cool would that be"!  But when all was said and done, the hotel was another a bit farther away. Oh well. It will still be a good trip. I have not been to Knotts Berry Farm in years.

149 km (93 miles) traveled