Grampians Weekend

Halls Gap Travel Blog

grandma and me

Our last weekend away for term 2 was a 3 day weekend to the Grampian Mountains, a three and a ½ hour drive from the house. Stefanie and I treated ourselves to a weekend at a luxurious B & B called Corella’s Rise located 15minutes outside of Halls Gap. Six ITF families, 20 in all, met at Quarry Restaurant in Halls Gap for dinner on the Saturday evening. What a nice surprise I got when everyone sang Happy Birthday…..I think Stefanie had something to do with this.  Then the next morning to celebrate my 65th, Stefi and I climbed the 2.1km mountain to the top pinnacle. The view from the top over looked Halls Gap and truly was beautiful….even though a bit scary standing beside the rail on the edge of a very fragile looking extension of rock. It was a perfect day for this trek up the side of the mountain and once back on solid ground again I felt really good, no actually proud of myself to accomplish this physical endeavor. Halls Gap is an area noted for it’s outdoor lifestyle having lots of hiking trails and rock climbing. It is a rugged countryside hosting many campsites and backpackers accommodations.

rocks