Cairns

Cairns Travel Blog

On July 21st we flew into Cairns late at night.

Day 1: July 22nd
 We went to a market and got some fruit and veggies. We then went to Safeway to get some groceries. After going back to our little apartment we went to a mangrove by the airport. After doing this we went to a waterpark. We had fish and chips for dinner but i dont like fish so i had a chicken burger.

Day 2: July 23rd
We took the skyrail up to Kuranda. The skyrail stopped at Red Peak and Baron Falls where there is scenery. We then went to The Koala Experience Park. We fed wallabies and kangaroos. I got to hold a koala and got my picture taken. We saw many other animals such as snakes and crocadiles. We went to Birdworld where there was birds flying everyone.. I even had one bird on me! We went to the butterfly sanctuary where there was many colour butterflies.

swinging bridge
We took the skyrail back down as we had missed the train. We got our picture taken in the skyrail.

Day 3: July 24th
We went to 3 different beaches.
We went to Yorkey's beach, Trinity Beach and the 4 mile beach. We then went to Port Douglas where we walked on the main street.

Day 4: July 25th
We went to Green Island on cruiseship. We snorkled in the Great Barrier Reed. We then took a yellow semi-submarine down underwater. We saw many different fish. We saw a stingray and clams. We ate lunch on the boat. Near the end the crew on the boat fed the fish.

Day 5:
We went to 3 different waterfalls. We also went to a fig tree called the Curtain Fig. We also saw a Tree Kangaroo. We then went to a Mossman gorge. It had a swinging bridge- FUN!!

Ellie and me