Sydney Travel Blog› entry 2 of 2 › view all entries
We went back to Ko Tao.
Went out with friends.
Drank a few too many buckets.
Had an amazing time.
Sadly had to leave.
After having changed out flight by 6days =(
Now in Sydney. Arrived yesterday after a marathon 17hour wait at bangkok airport (too cheap to book accomodation after our coach ride from Ko Tao). Staying in a BEAUTIFUL house right by Bondi Beach with some of Elfs mums friends. It's lush. ITS COLD. Only 10oC. We are freezing and only have summer clothes - so we had to invest in some trousers and a jumper lol!
Today was jam packed
- Sydney Opera House - just piccys outside with Harbour bridge but it's so beautiful.
- Tour around Sydney Suburbs - the houses are beautiful, and so are all the old terraced houses - they do it much better than london!
- Botanical Gardens - saw bats and beautiful views across the harbour + pretty plants
- NSW art gallery - ace art, everything from 19th Century, aborigninal up to modern day aussie art. Made me want to get some paper and a pen and DRAW!!
- St Mary's Cathedral - only outside as a service was in progress. Very nice, if a little modern.
- Barracks - where the british used to send sinners, and learnt about the hulks (floating prisions) and generally satisfied our morbid fascination with prison/torture/nasty olden days
- Australia Museum - awesome exhibition about native aussies, skeletons, the earth, reptiles, dinosaurs and minerals (As elf....)
Basically Sydney is beautiful and everyone is friendly. City to Surf run tomorrow, should be fun! One of the people we're staying with is running!! So exciting - it's bigger than the London Marathon in terms of people!!
Anywho! Will fill you in asap! Off to Cairns tomorrow! Super Excited!!!