Thank you so much Rhea!

Manila Travel Blog

thanks for being a friend!

My grand vacation in Sagada, Mt. Province was truly memorable. It was a trip that would always linger on my mind. There I experienced a lot of my "first times" --- like spelunking, trekking for hours, seeing the waterfall and rice terraces, travelling with a newfound friend and living in a totally peaceful environment. For four days, my world came to a halt. It allowed me to escape in such a beautiful and quaint town where despite the transition in time periods, it still remained stuck in a time warp. And during our brief stay, I came to realize how wonderful it is to live a life that's so simple and devoid of worldly things....

It took me roughly three weeks to constantly communicate with TB Rheagirl to plan for our adventure trip together. What I understand is that she'd been to Sagada a number of times already, so I felt comfortable going with her even though I haven't met her in person just yet. Can't deny the fact that I had mixed emotions days prior to the trip, I felt excited to see beautiful sceneries and amazing rock formations, but at the same time too shy to travel with a person that I will meeting for the first time.

Everything went on smoothly until typhoon "basyang" hit metro manila and its neighboring provinces 3 days before our scheduled trip. Of course my first reaction is to get worried, not because of anything else, but on the thought of our trip  getting cancelled.  My friends told me that if the typhoon continues, it would be very risky for me to travel to sagada and even warned me not to go. I prayed so hard hoping that the weather would get better and my prayer seems answered since the typhoon lasted for just a day. Thanks God! Can't contain the excitement I felt since there's no stopping for me now... I'M DEFINITELY GOING TO SAGADA!!!

And so we went Friday, 16th of July 2010. As planned, I met Rhea at the Victory Liner terminal in Cubao around 10:00pm. While in the taxi, I had goosebumps --- dunno why! maybe I'm just too nervous and shy to meet up with a new friend :) As I entered the terminal, I didn't had a hard time in finding her since she's just sitting near the entrance watching TV. Guess what, I got shy just for a few minutes (maybe 5 mins haha!) and the next thing I know is that our conversation seem endless. Yes! we're like friends for years... (thanks rhei for being so friendly :) and making me feel comfortable!)

rheagirl says:
You're welcome Jo! I was likewise very thankful that my Sagada trip wouldn't be more fun without a great buddy as you. Salamat! :) :) :)
Posted on: Aug 04, 2010