Home sweet home...

Zurich Travel Blog

Back at home now. Short review for the last day:

The Blue Lagoon was a good choice. And it also was a good choice to do this on the last day, as we were on the way to the Airport. 11.30 in Blue Lagoon, 13.30 back in the Car on the way to the Keflavik Airport. As we left, about 50 ppl were standing in a line to get a ticket to enter.

For my opinion, the Blue Lagoon is too commercial and definitely too expensive to go for another time. I definitely prefer the Natural Bath near Myvatn, because it's not so crowded and much smaller (and cheaper). But now I can say, I WAS THERE.

Thanks for reading my blog and for everyone going to Iceland soon, enjoy the silence and the nature.
It's better to be agile and stay on a place you really like. We planned to go to the Westfjords. But it wasn't worth to drive additionally 500 km to go up to Isafjördur, enjoy the Westfjords for a day and continue again for hours to get to another place. It was the right decision to cancel Isafjördur and enjoy a few great Days at Myvatn and Snaefelsnes. And what we learned: do not underestimate the times you need to drive between your locations. Maybe for a possible next time I will also check out the national flights from Reykjavik to Akureyri or Egilstadir.
And my personal recommendation: Take equipment with you for a glacier hike and also for caves. There are so many possibilities to enter a cave and they are really impressive, but keep always on the safe site.

Goda nott,