Hike in Skaftafell

Brunnholl Travel Blog

We thought to go to Laki again for today, but in the mather of fact that it was Sunday we prefered not to get up at 5.30 to catch the bus at 8.30 in Skafafell. The chance of catching the Bus was bigger because we learned our lesson about the distances in Iceland.

We decided to hike again in Skaftafellsheidi (6h). After 1h and 30min we had to return because the hiking trail was getting too slippery, we were walking in a cloud (realy foggy) and it was raining. It wasn't fun, even if I was wearing my GoreTex-Shell. On the way back we had to stop again on the great Glacierlagoon to take a break and enjoy. The special thing about the Jokulsarlon is the river, which passes directly into the sea. So we took a few great pictures of ice-pieces on the coast and in the sea.

For Meal we decided another restaurant in the lobster capital (again). Vikin restaurant is doing great pizza (in american style), but realy tasty. With a 16 inch Pizza, I only have eaten the half of it. The other half will be my lunch for tomorrow. Now I'm glad to be back on the Farm in the Room to get some Sleep and a realy great breakfast with selfmade bread from the host mamma.

photo by: lauro