Enjoying the first sights

Hveragerdi Travel Blog

As I already told, we had really late arrival on the Airport Kevlavik in Iceland. But we haven't had any problems with getting the car and check in to the Hotel. As we woke up at 9 a.m. we saw a blue sky. Our setup for today was get to Hveragerdi. We decided to take the Road via Grindavik. First it was a normal road. But on the roads with three digits you will have parts of paved road and gravel roads. The VW Polo did it very well. Sometimes a Super Jeep comes along with 80 km/h or more. Now I know why it's useful to have a SUV / Jeep. But as I said, the Polo did well (roundabout 30 - 40 km/h). After arriving in Hveragerdi we did the 4h walk in the Heidi which is well known for it's hot springs and geothermal area. It's definitely not reccomended to put your finger in it, the springs are up to 100° C hot. After the hot and the cold spring come together in a creek, you can take a bath in warm water. It's awesome, lying there and enjoy the wonderful panorama surrounding myself. After the 4h hike I'm glad to be in the Guesthouse Frumskogar. And after the hot tub I'm now in bed.

Hveragerdi